As Photoshop seems very complex to learn at first, many people wonder how long does it take to learn Photoshop? There is no accurate answer to this question. It depends on you and your learning process.
Photoshop is a massive program that has applications in several industries. It helps you to edit, fix, or manipulate your photos. Furthermore, you can also create designs and paintings from scratch.
Moreover, each tool you learn helps you to build your skills. Let us know more about Photoshop and how long does it take to learn Photoshop.
How Long Does It Take To Learn Photoshop
Getting to Know the Interface
(1-3 hours or more)
Once you learn the basic Photoshop tools, you can attain results faster. You can change colors in a picture or remove any object from your picture completely.
There are several tools in Photoshop that allow you to learn more. You can learn to adjust the color of a photo in a shorter time. While the selection tools may take 1 to 3 hours to learn.
The primary workspace of Photoshop shows options to open and save your images, zoom in and out, and undo mistakes. Here is the primary workspace of Adobe Photoshop CS3 after you open a picture in it.
During this time, you can easily learn to change colors, changing background, and removing an unwanted object or adding elements to an image.
Photoshop has various purposes. People use it in several ways. Let us look at them one by one.
Furthermore, we are also providing you a few of the free and paid online courses to learn Photoshop at home and how long does it take to learn Photoshop for these purposes.
Photographers love Photoshop. This is because it brings out the best in their photos with fundamental photo-editing techniques.
You can also modify your photos with Photoshop. All that you need is to get the app, get your files that need edit, and you are good to go.
You can use the Crop tool to trim edges, change the shape and size of a photo, and even straighten a crooked horizon or shoreline.
Photoshop helps to improve lighting and color. It brightens a photo using adjustment layers. You can also use the Spot Healing Brush Tool and the Patch tool to remove unwanted content.
Furthermore, you can sharpen your images, save them in PSD or JPEG format.
This preserves your layers for future editing. It also helps to share your photo online or by email. Photographers may even learn to add plugins.
For UI Designers
UI Designers use Photoshop, just like other Designers. Hence, learning UI Design with Photoshop upgrades your confidence and Skill levels in Photoshop.
You can learn a lot about Photoshop from this Udemy course. It includes –
- Starting your Career as a UI Designer
- Learning the settings necessary for UI Design Process
- Using Photoshop with a solid foundation in UI Design
- Learning the Photoshop Shortcuts for UI Design
- Using Photoshop Extensions to speed up UI Designing Process
- Learning Basic tools of Photoshop for UI Design
- Efficient usage of Photoshop for UI Design
- Using Custom Scripts in Photoshop for UI Design
- Learning about Color schemes and Typography Online tools
- Creating Wireframes and learning the tools needed to create them
- Using Gradients and Patterns in UI Design
- Designing MODERN DASHBOARD graphs and elements
- You are mastering the essential tools of Photoshop specific to UI Design.
- Designing MODERN HERO/HEADERS of Websites
- Applying your knowledge on Landing Page Design, Web App, or Mobile App Design
- Using Common Shortcuts, tools, and Secret Extensions to speed up your web design workflow
- Learning about the basics of Light and Shadow concepts in UI Design
- Using patterns and Gradients to improve your designs
- Learning User Interface, Designers use Photoshop in their daily routines
- Creating Guides and Grids with Photoshop Extensions
- Installing and using Photoshop Extensions for UI Design purpose
- Using Gradients and Color overlays to create Modern Designs
- Knowledge about all the plugins and extensions used by UI Designers use all the time
- Learning to develop and use GRIDS in Web Design
- Mobile app designing in Photoshop (This one has Step by Step Exercise)
- Removing picture background coffees Image Editing techniques in Photoshop for removing background
- Basics of Image color adjustment UI Designers
- What are Wireframes, how to create wireframes & tools to design wireframes?
- Dribbble Shot re-design step by step exercises
- More than 20 Practice Examples and design Challenges to get you better at UI Designing
- Quizzes to test your knowledge of Photoshop regarding UI Design
Student Request Lecture Series
A lot of lectures are added every week on the request of my current students so join in and request any design problem or anything new you want to learn
- How to Install Photoshop ZXP extensions in CC2018 (Student Request Lecture)
- Dribbble Styled Dashboard Graphs and Stats Design Exercises (Student Request Lectures)
Who this course is for:
- Novice/Beginner Level Designers
- Web Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Web Developers who want to learn UI Design
- UI Designer who wants more advanced techniques
For Sketch Artist/ Illustrator / Abstract Art And Any Other Such Creative Ideas
(Less than a month)
With highlights like layer consolidating, layer veils, shading control, spot channels, and shading change, Photoshop is generally utilized for print media.
With such a large number of highlights, clients might be asked to utilize Photoshop when planning for print, possibly. Kindly don’t.
Most new fashioners neglect to comprehend the contrast between structuring illustrations for severe advanced use (web illustrations) rather than planning print media.
Web designs most ordinarily comprise flags, logos, web layouts, symbols, and so on that will never come around on paper.
Print media then again ought to be planned explicitly for excellent printing. Some typical things you may structure in Photoshop and wind up printing are business cards, flyers, ads, and letterheads.
- Use Photoshop for picture control.
- Create your archive bigger than your last size to represent drains.
- Make sure your archive is 300 dpi or higher. (Setting in InDesign diminished will expand your dpi while augmenting the picture in InDesign will decrease your dpi.)
- Large dark zones ought to be worked as “rich dark” (20% each c,m and y, and 100% dark.)
For Print Media
(Less than a month)
With features like layer merging, layer masks, color control, spot channels, and color conversion, Photoshop is widely used for print media.
With so many features, users may be urged only to use Photoshop when designing for print. Please don’t.
Most new designers fail to understand the difference between designing graphics for strict digital use (web graphics) as opposed to developing print media.
Web graphics most commonly consist of banners, logos, web templates, icons, etc. that will never see the light of day on paper.
Print media, on the other hand, should be designed specifically for high-quality printing. Some everyday items you may create in Photoshop and end up printing are business cards, flyers, advertisements, and letterheads.
- Use Photoshop for image manipulation.
- Create your document larger than your final size to account for bleeds.
- Make sure your document is 300 dpi or higher. (Placing in InDesign reduced will increase your dpi while enlarging the image in InDesign will reduce your dpi.)
- Large black areas should be built as “rich black” (20% each c,m & y and 100% black.)
Overall, Photoshop clears the course in 3 to 5 months. This will help you to get mastery in Photoshop. Furthermore, it will get you a job with better pay.
Therefore, a little investment to have the software and off-course course fees should be taken. It will get paid off once you get going with the learning then implementation of the knowledge you gained.